The evaluations at national level in Spain and in Portugal have been completed.
In the Pioneers category the winner for 2017 in Spain is the team “queiruga“ from the Colegio Jesús-María in Burgos, with the project entitled “The room bottom”. Congratulations to the members of the “queiruga” team, María Sicilia Prieto, Pablo Olmedillo Santillana, Daniel Rebolleda Hernández and to their teacher – coach Dr Miguel Angel Queiruga Dios.
Congratulations also to the 2017 national winner for Portugal in the Pioneers category. This is the team “MarianaSilva” from Escola Básica e Secundária Emídio Navarro in Setubal, with the project “À procura de um sinal: Estaremos sozinhos no Universo?” and with members Mariana Silva and Inês Oliveira, with Ms Sofia Reis as their teacher coach.
Along the two national winners eight more teams have qualified to the regional final that will be held from 16th to 19th of May in Madrid in order to select the team that will go to the International Final next July. The teams that also qualified to the next round are:
- Team “EXODUS”, from IES Cardenal Cisneros, Spain
- Team “Pasión espacial II”, from IES ¨Tháder¨, Spain
- Team “godoca”, from Institut Guindàvols, Spain
- Team “MARTETINTOS” from IES AZUER, Spain
- Team “Trestíficos” from Institut Guindàvols, Spain
- Team “Ad Infinitum” from Sagrada Família – Horta school, Spain
- Team Apollo from Escola Secundária de São Pedro do Sul, Portugal
- Team “TheSpaceIsStrange2017” from Collegi Safa Horta Barcelona, Spain