In the Czech Republic the team “ZSNerudova” from Základní škola a Mateřská škola, toped the national phase of the 2017 contest in the Pioneers category. The members of the team, which submitted the project entitled “Phoenix” were Jindřich Bouška, Vojtěch Špaček and Tomáš Domín with Mr Radova Mikeš, as their teacher coach.
The team “Madalinab”, consisting of Madalina Bivolaru and Adrian Mihalcea from Saint Sava National College with their teacher Mr Dinu Serbanescu, ranked first in the national phase of the 2017 Odysseus contest in Romania, with the project “Selene Alpha”.
In Slovakia the team “Samuel” from UPJŠ school, won the first place of the national phase of the 2017 contest in the Pioneers category. The members of the team were Samuel Amrich, Radovan Lascsák and Dominik Kopčak with Mr Rudolf Gális, as their teacher coach and their project is entitled “LADA (Ľahký autonómny diaľkový analyzátor)”
These three teams will be joined in the regional semi-final that will take place from 14th to 18th June 2017, at the iQLANDIA Science Center, in Liberec, Czech Republic, by the following eleven teams, which also qualified to the semi-finals.
- Team lukislama from Gymnázium Jaroslava Seiferta, from Praha, Czech Republic, with the project “Detekce a identifikace hvězd na snímcích”.
- Team SOCIDE from Gymnázium Pierra de Coubertina Tábor, Czech Republic with the project “Hledání druhé Země”.
- Team BenZour from Gymnázium JAK a JŠ s právem SJZ Uherský Brod, Czech Republic, with the project “ComeniuSAT: Studie proveditelnosti stavby pikosatelitu ve středoškolském prostředí”.
- Team James2001 from Gymnázium Vlašim, Czech Republic, with the project “Orbitální čerpací stanice”.
- Team Variable_stars from Jazykové gymnázium Pavla Tigrida and Gymnázium Jana Keplera, Czech Republic, with the project “Proměnné hvězdy a jak je najít/ Variable stars and how to find them”.
- Team lMihai_Craciun from National College of Computer Science “Tudor Vianu”, from Bucharest, Romania with the project “Pi-Mars”.
- Team AP_Infinity from National College “Andrei Saguna”, from Brasov, Romania, with the project “Project Infinity”.
- Team MateiT from “Tudor Vianu” National High School of Computer Science, from Bucharest, Romania, with the project “Ares”.
- Team Octavius from Colegiul National “Carol I” from Craiova, Romania, with the project “Rediscover”.
- Team AstroVianu from Tudor Vianu National High School of Computer Science, from Bucharest, Romania, with the project “AstroPlants”.
- Team Mission: Centaurus from National College “Vasile Alecsandri”, the International Highschool of Informatics Bucharest and the Private Highschool “Marin Coman” Galati, Romania with the project “Life is light”.